Tuesday 18 November 2014

Day 2 Challenge Task : List 10 things that are attractive in the theme park

Day 2 Challenge Task : List 10 things that are attractive in the theme park


It's a playdate at the Universal Studio Singapore theme park today. Yes, Natalie and Emmanuel were given a challenge task. I strongly believe that learning can take place anytime, anywhere.  Having visited the theme park several times, they never seem to be bored of it. So, I wanted to find out why and what really attracts them. So the challenge task today is for them to list 10 specific things that attracts them and they have to explain each of them. 

So the both of them came out with the following: 


1) Experience of the different rides
The experience that the different rides top on their list of what attracts them. 

Natalie:
" I like theme parks because there are a wide variety of rides- ranging from boat rides to merry-go-around to roller coasters to the 3D transformers ride to the 4D shrek show. So many different rides to choose from. All in one place."

 2) Cute merchandise




Emmanuel: 
"I like to go to the theme park because there are so many toys from the cartoons. For example, the fluffy unicorn. 'It's so fluffy!' My favourite is the fart gun( i didn't take a picture of them. But apparently, it gives out a stinky smell) . The fart gun is sold here. They cannot be found at other toy shops. There are so many 'toy shops' here. It's so fun."

3) The decorations and atmosphere is always different.



Natalie: 
"The decorations in the theme park is always so attractive as it changes regularly. For example, they change from the Horror Night for the Halloween to the Christmas decoration now. So every time we come, the atmosphere is very different. I just can't wait to come to the snowy christmas at USS in December. "


4) Music

Natalie: 
" The music is what attracts me also. I love the grand sounding music that they play at the entrance. It is as though I am entering a different world."


5) Meeting different characters and taking pictures with them. 

Emmanuel: 
" I like meeting different characters and being able to take pictures with them. It's so cool. But sometimes, I'm scared to take pictures with them. Like the soldiers at the Mummy area. They are so scary. But I like to look at their costume."

6) Colours


Natalie: 
" It's very very colourful at the theme park. So, it's really attractive to young children. We love colours because they make everything so pretty."


7)The different shows



Natalie: 
"The stunt show at the Water world is so nice. The performers can really perform very well and it's not everyday and everywhere that you can watch this kind of high risk show. So I like it very much. I also like the elmo growing up show where we can sing and dance with them."


8) Experiencing the different worlds

Natalie: 
" At the theme park, we can visit the different worlds. For example, there is 'Far Far Away', ' Jurassic Park' and 'The Mummy'. So we can visit different 'places' at the theme park. Also, there are places where boys will like and places where girls will like. So people can visit the world that they like." 


9) There are so many things to see.
Natalie: 
" Every time I take the rides or walk around, I see different things. There are so many things to see around me. "


10) It's very big and spacious, can run around. 

Emmanuel: 
" I like the theme park because it's so big and spacious. I can run around and play with different things. I like to run, run, run. run until I am super tired."

So with these observations from Emmanuel and Natalie, I think they completed their challenge task quite well. At least they were observing and learning something while having lots of fun at the same time... Learning can take place anytime, anywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment