Monday 24 November 2014

Day 7 Challenge Task: Creating a Task List- This is what I can do to help out at home

Day 7 Challenge Task: Creating a Task List 

The children have been helping out at home most of the time, but I wanted to create a list for them to give them recognition for what their effort. 

This is the end product we came out with. 

Job Scope: Day 7 of the end of year holidays, I finally sat all the children down and I made them identify the things they can do to help out. Well, I helped to type them down into this chart. The children came out with this list. Certain tasks are repeated because they felt that all of them can contribute. 

 Deployment: Then, they had to identify who is the best person to do the job.

Reorganizing the Chart: Finally, I have to teach them to re-organise the chart so that it becomes very clear who has to do what. 
This is the end product.
If you noticed, the chart initially had the words " Weekly Task List" on it. However, I eventually replaced it with "This is what I can do to help out at home".  It is important for the children to see it as their duty to help out and they are helping out because they want to, not because they are asked to. To me, the difference is very important. It's the attitude and mentality.

Also, I will give them a sticker to recognize their effort each day. The kids can't wait to help out now. Start getting your child to identify how they can help around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment